Looking for a hearty recipe to add to your dinner menu? This Chicken Parmesan recipe is it! Not only is this meal gluten- and dairy-free, but it also boasts two scoops of Vital Proteins® Chicken Bone Broth Collagen ($49; shop now on vitalproteins.com) to help up your collagen intake while delivering classic flavors made possible by the garlic powder, basil and fresh parsley. Another reason to add it to your regular menu rotation: Chicken Parmesan is the kind of entrée that can be paired with everything, from pasta to a side of steamed vegetables or equally hearty salad. It's versatile in the best kind of way.
The Chicken Bone Broth Collagen is a standout addition for being a nutrient-rich powerhouse that can be easily added to any savory recipe. It is made using one simple ingredient – the bones of free-range chickens which are simmered slowly to extract maximum nutrients – that is certified USDA organic. Ready to whip up a collagen-infused Chicken Parmesan recipe that will impress your family? Keep scrolling for the how-to!
Yields 4 servings
- 1 lb. chicken breast 2 eggs (whisked)
- 4 T avocado oil (divided)
- 1¼ C almond flour
- ¼ C arrowroot powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- 2 t garlic powder
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t basil
- 2 C pasta sauce of choice
- 2 oz. dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 T fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F and heat half of the avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs together. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture until fully coated and then into the dry mixture until each breast is fully coated.
- Put each chicken breast in the skillet and cook on each side for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a glass baking dish, add the other half of the avocado oil and the pasta sauce onto the bottom. Evenly spread on sauce with a spatula.
- Place each fried chicken breast on top of the sauce and add more sauce on top.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with shredded cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken breasts are fully cooked through, remove from oven and top with fresh parsley.