No matter how you choose celebrate Valentine's Day, we hope collagen cookies are in your future! We're all about making dreams come true here at Lively, which is why we're excited to share this recipe for Heart-Shaped Collagen Cookies – just in time for Cupid's big day.
These Heart-Shaped Collagen Cookies boast a vanilla flavor, courtesy of Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla ($29; shop now on vitalproteins.com). In addition to this Collagen Creamer™ supplement, these treats also call for oat flour for the cookie dough base, monk fruit for some sweetness and coconut oil for the best consistency.
These collagen cookies are also very simple to create! Each batch takes only a few minutes of baking time in the oven. Plus, you're increasing your daily collagen intake with every bite. So, get out your cookie cutter and let’s get started!
Heart-Shaped Collagen Cookies
Yields 2 dozen Heart Cookies
- 1 C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C granulated monk fruit
- ⅓ C coconut oil
- Dash of salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and coconut oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Once well integrated, form the dough into a circle. Flatten the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Keep the dough around 1-inch thick.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, wrapped in parchment paper.
- In between two pieces of parchment paper, roll the dough out to be around ½-inch thick. Tip: If the dough is difficult to roll, let it sit out for around 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare your cookie sheet, lining it with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Using your cookie cutter, cut the dough into hearts and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely before icing with your favorite frosting!