These Apple Protein Pancakes are a delicious addition to your wellness goals. Protein from eggs is joined by our Vital Proteins Banana Cinnamon and Vanilla Collagen Whey Protein for a balanced breakfast. Sweetened with just applesauce means you can enjoy this guilt-free (or add a few warmed apple slices and maple syrup, if it’s that kind of morning).
Apple Protein Pancakes
Yields 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- ½ C light coconut milk
- 1 C applesauce (look for no sugar added)
- 3 T softened butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 6 T coconut flour
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Banana Cinnamon & Vanilla Collagen Whey Protein
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t sea salt
- Optional for topping: warm apple slices and maple syrup
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, applesauce, butter, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract to a large blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, Vital Proteins Banana Cinnamon & Vanilla Collagen Whey Protein, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt to the blender. Blend again to incorporate it. Stop to scrape down the sides and allow the coconut flour to be fully absorbed. Blend again on high until you have a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium to medium-low heat (the pan used may cause this to vary slightly). Grease lightly with additional butter and drop the batter into pancake shapes, 4-6" in size. Spread the batter out slightly and allow the pancakes to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges begin to brown. Flip and cook until browned on the other side.
- Remove to a cooling rack for 3-5 minutes before serving. Repeat with the remaining batter.