Celebrity trainer Erin Oprea is here to help you build your strongest legs, ever. The Nashville-based fitness guru visited Vital Proteins HQ to share a killer leg workout that’s guaranteed to boost your strength.
“This is one of my favorites. I do it with all of my clients,” Oprea — who works with Carrie Underwood and Maren Morris — tells us of her 4 heart-pumping exercises. “It’s super effective. It burns like no other.” She also wants people to remember that “if it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you,” so don’t feel discouraged if you can’t keep up with the The 4×4 Diet author just yet. It all comes down to giving it your all every single time.
Watch the video below to follow along with Erin Oprea as she demonstrates every move of her game-chaning leg workout — offering harder and easier versions each step of the way.
Erin Oprea Shares Her Killer Leg Workout
Squat into a Lunge
- Works quads, hamstrings, & glutes
- Start in a squat then take your right leg into a lunge. Keep your left leg bent and return your right leg to starting position. Repeat on the other leg.
- Tip: Keep your back straight and ensure your knees don’t go past your toes.
- Perform 10-15 reps on each side.
- Works hips and quads
- Place a resistance band around your ankles and pop into a squat. Rotate your hips back.
- Take 5 small steps to the right, then five to the left.
- Tip: It’s important to stay low throughout the entire exercise.
- Continue for 20 seconds.
Banded Squat with Weights
Works quads, hamstrings, & glutes
With the band around your thighs, hold a 5- to 15-lb. dumbbell at your chest and squat.
Tip: Keep your back straight, your core engaged and ensure your knees don’t go past your toes.
Perform 20 reps.
Curtsy Lunge Pulses
- Works hips & quads
- Lunge back with your right leg, crossing it behind your left leg (like a curtsy). Drive through your left heel and lift your right leg, balancing on your left leg.
- Pulse up and down five times. Repeat on the other leg.
- Tip: Hold your back straight
- Perform 20 reps on each side