Winter is just around the corner! And even though winter comes with holidays, cozy fires, snowy nights and yummy hot cocoa, it can also come with dry skin — even in super sensitive areas, such as your lips. Not exactly convenient when you’re trying to rock that perfect red pout for holiday parties, family gatherings, and maybe even a little New Year’s Eve smooch.
So, how do you get your lips prepped for some under-the-mistletoe action? Grab a couple of candy canes and some Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin for the tastiest lip scrub that will leave your lips soft, smooth, and extra kissable.
While the crushed candy canes act as an exfoliator and buff away dead skin cells, the Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin will bind the mixture together so application is super easy. Plus, the gelatin works to nourish the skin, softening the surface of your lips as the candy canes scrub away.
The results are so good, Angelina Jolie will even be jealous of that super-soft pout! Oh, and did we mention it also tastes great?!
Candy Cane Lip Scrub
- 2 candy canes
- ½ scoop Beef Gelatin
- 2 T water
- Crush candy canes, using a food processor, or by pressing them with the back of a spoon in a plastic bag (sandwich bags work great!). The finer, the better!
- In a small bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of water (cold or room-temperature works best) on top of the candy canes.
- Add ½ scoop of Beef Gelatin and mix together.
- Apply the mixture to your lips using your finger or a toothbrush for extra exfoliation.
- Rinse with water to remove.