5 DIY Collagen Masks to Add to Your Sunday Plans
Aside from making a super-decadent dessert, like this Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe, the only other cure for Sunday Scaries is an at-home facial. Because, if we’re being honest, self-care takes the top spot on our to-do list when the weekend winds down. Take your unofficial self-appreciation day one step further by DIY-ing these 5 collagen masks. You and your skin won’t regret it.
Not only are these collagen masks easy to whip up for a spa-like experience, but their star collagen ingredients – like Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin – help to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints when ingested. When applied topically, they provide a light exfoliation to the skin.
Ready to bring out your inner glow? Come right this way.
Your New Favorite Collagen Masks
Oatmeal Honey Facial Mask
Yields 2-3 masks
- Add the Beef Gelatin to 2 tablespoons of filtered water in a small bowl. Let stand 2-3 minutes to bloom.
- Grind the oats into a coarse powder in a blender or spice grinder. Stir the ground oats together with ½ cup of water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring continuously, until it becomes very thick like oatmeal, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bloomed gelatin and continue to stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mask to come to body temperature (or cool enough to apply to your face comfortably).
- Stir in the honey and apply a thick layer to the face, going back for a second coat as needed. The mask can be gently massaged into the face if exfoliation is desired.
- Leave the mask on until it’s dry to the touch, about 15-20 minutes, then rinse off with a warm cloth.
- Store extras in the fridge for up to a week, warming gently to melt the gelatin again before each use.
Moisturizing Full-Body Mask
Yields 1 full-body mask
- 6 T bentonite clay
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 3 or more T herbal tea (infused in water)
- 5-7 drops Moonlit Skincare Midnight shift serum
- Combine clay, gelatin, and warm tea in a ceramic bowl.
- Mix until combined. Use back of spoon to smooth clumps.
- Add serum and combine.
- Apply evenly to limbs with a mask brush or finger tips.
- Let set for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off in warm shower or bath.
- Follow with body cream or moisturizer to lock in hydration.
Exfoliating Pineapple Skin Scrub
Yields 1 skin scrub
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and apply to slightly damp skin.
- Scrub beginning at the chin, and move up in small upward, outward circles.
- Let sit for thirty seconds to a minute, then rinse off with a warm cloth. Remember to follow up with your favorite toner, serum, and moisturizer to give your fresh canvas an extra boost.
3-Minute Moisturizing Mask
Yields 1 moisturizing mask
- Mix coconut oil and essential oil together in a bowl. Slowly add in Collagen Beauty Greens until completely dissolved.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
DIY Sensitive Skin Mask
Yields 1 mask
- 1 T raw Manuka Honey
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 4-5 drop Rosehip oil
- ½ T aloe Vera gel
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply mask with a mask brush or fingertips.
- Let the mask sit for 15 minutes then remove with a lukewarm cloth.
- Follow with your favorite gentle moisturizer.
- Apply up to three times per week.