Spruce up your favorite tacos with these 5-ingredient Whole Wheat Tortillas — made with our fan-favorite Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides!
Store-bought tortillas can be full of unwanted ingredients like hydrogenated oils, fillers, and more. With this recipe, you can have a delicious whole wheat tortilla, all made with ingredients you can pronounce, and at a cheaper price, too!
These have quickly become a staple in my weekly meal prep. I decided to add one scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to really boost the nutritional value of these tortillas.
Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hide, our Collagen Peptides help to support healthier hair, skin, nails, and joints. It’s also easily digested and absorbed by the body for maximum benefits. Since this particular collagen powder is unflavored, it’s easily the most versatile offering in our lineup. Not only is it flavorless and odorless, but also soluble in hot and cold liquids.
This would also be a fun recipe to make with friends and family; they can help with the kneading and cutting out process!
Get ready to level up your Taco Tuesday game.
Whole Wheat Tortilla Recipe
Yields 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C water
- 1 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Dash of sea salt
- In a bowl, mix everything and begin to knead until a dough forms. Add flour as need, until the dough isn’t sticky.
- Cover with a towel and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- On the stove/griddle, set it to medium heat.
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface. Use the lid of a container to cut them into circles. Another option is to just grab small portions of the dough and just roll that out into a circle shape.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until you can see small brown spots forming.
- Once done, wrap them in a towel to cool down then store leftovers in the fridge.