Now that summer is here, ice cream season is in full swing. If you have five minutes to spare, why not try this healthy Banana Ice Cream the next time you’re craving something sweet and refreshing? Not only is this creamy treat suitable for any time of day, but it’s also packed with good-for-you ingredients like Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides. Why use collagen? Our flavored Collagen Peptides help to support healthier hair, skin, nails, and joints. They’re also easily soluble in both hot and cold liquids, so our collagen can be added to virtually any recipe.
All you need are four simple ingredients to make this tasty, dairy-free delight: Frozen bananas, Vanilla Collagen Peptides, coconut cream, and plant-based milk. I highly recommend peeling ripe bananas and putting them in the freezer for easy access. Along with coconut cream – which is packed with healthy fats (a.k.a. a keto lover’s dream!) – the frozen bananas will give this healthy alternative to sugar- and dairy-loaded ice cream a smooth texture.
This collagen recipe is versatile and acts as a base to whatever flavor combinations you desire. If you’re a chocolate lover, add a spoonful of cocoa powder and maybe a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Looking for something fruitier and tropical? Add a few pieces of frozen pineapple or mango. The choices are endless!
Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Yields 1 serving of Banana Ice Cream
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 T coconut cream, from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 C milk of choice (almond milk was used in this recipe)
- 3-4 ice cubes (optional)
- In a high-speed blender, add in your Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen, frozen banana, coconut cream, ice cubes and milk of choice.
- Blend away until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy!
- Peel and freeze ripe bananas before hand to make this recipe easier.
- Add more or less liquid depending on desired thickness.