Need a new #meatlessmonday recipe to add to your weeknight menu? Well look no further than the following collagen recipe. Feast your eyes on one of the easiest and tastiest Black Bean Burgers you’ll ever serve up. They’ll also soon become a staple when meal prepping or deciding what to make for lunch or dinner. Plus, they only take a few minutes to prep! I personally make this recipe several times a month.
I love making my own burgers, and there are so many ways to enjoy them: In a bun, crumbled as taco meat, added to pasta – the possibilities are endless!
But this recipe has some extra hidden goodness: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. Our Collagen Peptides are odorless, flavorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids, making it a standout ingredient in any recipe.
Save this recipe for the next time you’re craving a burger and fries!
Black Bean Burger Recipe
- 1 C old-fashioned oats
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 can black beans
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 lemon
- Nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, pink salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse everything together. It’ll take about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should be thick so keep powering through!
- Chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes, let your oven preheat to 425°F during this time.
- Line a sheet with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or just spray olive oil. Use your hands to roll into patties and cook for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway.
- Let them cool before enjoying. Store any leftovers in the freezer.