This oh-so creamy Sweet Potato Panna Cotta is the perfect dessert that will leave your taste buds wanting more. To make this quick and easy recipe, you only need four ingredients: sweet potato, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin. The best part about this dessert is that the added Beef Gelatin gives this dessert an added health boost since Beef Gelatin helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints, while the sweet potato adds a little sweetness and also happens to be loaded with good-for-you fiber.
RELATED: Your Guide to the Sweetest, Most Decadent Collagen Recipes
Use the recipe as your base and cater it to your taste buds. Craving chocolate? Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder. Missing fall-inspired flavors? Top your culinary creation with a dash of cinnamon or ginger! The combinations are endlessly delicious.
Sweet Potato Panna Cotta
Yields 2 servings of Sweet Potato
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 T hot water
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 C coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice, honey or stevia
- First, steam your sweet potato in a steamer until tender by piercing the sweet potato with a fork. If you’re short on time, pierce your sweet potato with a fork on both sides then wrap your sweet potato in a wet paper towel and place it in microwave for about 2-3 minutes to steam.
- In a small bowl, combine your hot water with the Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin and mix thoroughly until the Beef Gelatin dissolves completely.
- In a blender, combine your steamed sweet potato, Beef Gelatin water mixture, coconut milk, vanilla extract and optional sweetener. Blend until a creamy consistency is achieved. Add more or less liquid in order to achieve a creamy and clump-free consistency.
- Pour your mixture in a glass jar or small bowl and place in the fridge for approximately 30-60 minutes. Before serving add a swirl of coconut milk and a sprinkle of chia seeds or bee pollen. Serve chilled and enjoy!