These Stuffed Bell Peppers are not only a creative way to get the family involved in meal prep, but also serve as a must-try Halloween recipe. They are filled with a tasty rice and beef mixture and are super simple to make. They call for simple whole food ingredients and have a cheesy-like taste from the nutritional yeast. The stuffing is full of flavor from the chili powder, onion salt and garlic powder. I enjoy adding some fresh cilantro on top for freshness and to create some balance in these flavors. This fall recipe also contains Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen, which helps to support your overall wellness goals and easily dissolves in hot liquids.
Remember to have fun when making these stuffed jack-o’-lanterns! Use all different colored peppers and add different toppings or ingredients as you wish. Make it a time to get creative and carve any type of face that comes to mind. After all, Halloween is the best time of year to get creative.
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
Yields 4-5 Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4-5 orange bell peppers
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 C onions (chopped)
- 2 C diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 C brown rice
- 1 C boiling water
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- ½ C nutritional yeast
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T onion salt
- 1 T garlic powder
- ¼ C cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil. Once heated, add in the onions, minced garlic and ground beef. Cook on medium heat until the beef is cooked through.
- Once the beef is cooked, add in the rice, boiling water, diced tomatoes and the beef bone broth powder. Mix all ingredients until well combined and mix in the spices and nutritional yeast.
- Let the rice and beef mixture cook until the rice is cooked through. While waiting for it to cook, begin to carve the peppers.
- With a sharp knife, cut off the stop and scoop out the inside. Begin to carve the face by cutting two triangles for the eyes, one for the nose and a mouth.
- Once the face is made, add in the beef mixture until the pepper is full to the top.
- Place stuffed peppers into a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy!