Healthy Snack Recipe: Strawberry Lemon Kombucha Gummies
Enjoy your favorite “booch” in gummy form with these Strawberry Lemon Kombucha Gummies. A lightly sweet and fresh taste make these the perfect snack to usher in springtime. Use your own home-brewed first ferment kombucha or pick a plain one from your local market. Gently heat the strawberries with the kombucha to keep as much of the beneficial bacteria alive as possible. Dissolve in our Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin to help it set up firm.
Strawberry Lemon Kombucha Gummies
Yields 20 large gummies
- 1 C low-sugar plain kombucha
- 6 T Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 2 C chopped strawberries
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 T honey (adjust based on the sweetness of your kombucha)
- Pinch sea salt
- Pour the kombucha into a wide bowl. Stir in the Beef Gelatin and leave it to bloom for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped strawberries, lemon juice, honey, and sea salt to a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour it out into a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Cook until the strawberry mix is hot but not simmering. Turn the heat off and add the bloomed gelatin/kombucha to the saucepan. Whisk until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour into silicone molds or a glass baking dish. Chill in the refrigerator until set up, about 1 hour. Enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.