Halloween is right around the corner, which means we at Vital Proteins® have been brainstorming different collagen recipes that are as scary-good as they are delicious. Enter: our Spider Web Pancakes, which call for Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now), a hydrolyzed collagen powder that’s both unflavored and odorless.
Not only will this ghoul-for-you breakfast boost your daily collagen intake, but it also packs a ton of cozy fall flavors, like pumpkin spice and maple syrup, to warmly welcome spooky season.
Ready to get into the Halloween spirit? Make this collagen recipe for breakfast and let us know what you think by posting your culinary creation on Instagram and tagging @vitalrecipes!
Spider Web Pancakes
10-12 spider web pancakes
- 2 C gluten-free flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t pumpkin spice seasoning
- ¼ t salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 C almond milk
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1-2 T avocado oil
- Maple syrup
- Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl until fully combined. Then, stir in the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together until all the ingredients are mixed in.
- In a "squeeze-like" bottle, pour in the pancake batter. The texture of the pancake batter should be smooth but not too thin or thick.
- Add a teaspoon of the oil to the pan over medium heat.
- To begin the spider web look, create an X with the pancake mix and another X on top of the other one going the opposite way. Then, attach each line together by adding the pancake batter to each corner. This will begin to form a spider web shape.
- Let the pancake cook for about 2-3 minutes before flipping. Once it is cooked through, there should be enough density too easily flip the pancake over onto the other side.
- Once cooked on both sides, remove from the frying pan, and enjoy with some blackberry "spiders" and maple syrup.