Today is National Pancake Day! It seems like there’s a holiday that celebrates everything nowadays – from co-workers to #OOTD – but one of our top 5 favorites most definitely includes the aforementioned breakfast staple. And why shouldn’t it? Pancakes act like a sponge by soaking up the syrupy dressing, which makes for an unforgettable flavor experience. Plus, it serves as an excuse to have what’s technically an easier-to-make cake for breakfast.
This recipe in particular is best enjoyed in the fall due to its seasonal ingredients like pumpkin puree, maple syrup, nutmeg and more. The collagen recipe also calls for Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which are odorless, flavorless and easily dissolve in hot and cold liquids. This makes our OG collagen powder super versatile since it can be added to any sweet or savory recipe.
Want to start celebrating today’s national holiday? Get started on making this Pumpkin Pancake recipe.
Pumpkin Pancake Recipe
Yields 6 pumpkin pancakes
- 2 eggs
- ¼ C canned pumpkin puree
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 T melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2½ T coconut flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 t cinnamon
- ⅛ t grated nutmeg
- ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ½ t sea salt
- Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract and melted butter until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut flour, Collagen Peptides, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until no lumps are apparent.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drop spoonfuls into pancake shapes.
- Cook each side until browned and enjoy immediately.