Looking for a smoothie with a little extra kick? This Mocha Smoothie recipe is full of ingredients (including caffeine) that will start your day off right. The flavor is yup, you guessed it—that perfect coffee and chocolate combination that tastes like heaven in a cup!
The recipe calls for a simple base of frozen bananas, a dash of your favorite nut butter and some plant milk. The addition of a few more ingredients kick this recipe up to the next level, including ground flax for fiber, cocoa for flavor and a combination of instant coffee and our Vital Performance™ Cold Brew Coffee Protein ($29.99; shop now) for a caffeine and protein boost.**
With all the ingredients being common household staples, this smoothie will be your new favorite whenever you’re in a pinch! Plus, in our book, you can’t go wrong with mocha in the morning! Ready to get started?
Yields 1 Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 C almond milk (or your favorite plant milk of choice)
- 1 T cashew butter (or your favorite nut butter of choice)
- 1 t ground flax seed
- 1 t instant coffee
- 1 t cocoa powder
- 2 scoops Vital Performance™ Cold Brew Coffee Protein
- Add the frozen bananas, nut butter and plant milk of choice to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed until mixed.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend again on high speed until completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy!