We all have a favorite banana bread recipe we’ve used time and time again. But sometimes, it just doesn’t do the trick in fulfilling our sweetness craving. Food and wellness blogger Meagan Bickings (@earthfood_kitchen on Instagram) dreamt up this Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread recipe that succeeds in doing just that. Even better: most of the ingredients needed for this particular baking adventure are most likely sitting in your fridge or pantry right now. We’re talking gluten-free flour, ripe bananas, coffee, cinnamon and other kitchen staples.
Not only is this recipe easy to bring to life, but it also calls for our Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha, which helps to promote healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.**
“By far one of the best breads I’ve come up with,” Bickings tells Lively of her creation. “A thick slice with fresh coffee in the morning is divine!”
Noted! Now let’s get to baking.
Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
- 1½ C gluten-free oat flour
- ½ C coconut flour
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 T unsweetened cacao powder
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- ½ t salt
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 T melted coconut oil
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ C coconut milk
- 1/4 C organic coffee
- Blend dry ingredients and mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Stir in ½ bag of vegan dark chocolate chips
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. Let cool, slice and enjoy.