As temps continue to rise this season, we can’t think of a more delicious way to celebrate the warmer weather than by baking this Lavender Lemon Cheesecake recipe.
A fitting way to welcome spring, this collagen recipe contains all the typical ingredients associated with cheesecake – like dairy-free cream cheese, coconut sugar, and gluten-free graham cracker crumbs – but with a twist. And no, we’re not just talking about the addition of lemon zest and lemon juice. We incorporated two scoops of Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen® in Lavender Lemon to the baking mixture.
Here’s what makes our Lavender Lemon Beauty Collagen so special: It contains 12g of collagen per serving, 120mg of skin-saving hyaluronic acid, probiotics, lavender, lemon, blueberry and beet. Unlike Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Glow™, which is sourced from wild-caught white fish, our Beauty Collagen is sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hide.
Let’s dig in!
Lavender Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Yields 12 Lavender Lemon Cheesecake slices
- 11/4 C gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T coconut sugar
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 4 T melted butter
- 4 8-oz. packages dairy-free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 T tapioca starch
- ½ C coconut cream
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 1 T grated lemon zest
- ¼ C lemon juice
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen® in Lavender Lemon
For the toppings:
- Dairy-free whipped cream (get the recipe here!)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Set aside a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- Place gluten-free graham crackers in a plastic zip bag and finely crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir to thoroughly blend.
- Add melted butter and stir to combine.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add tapioca starch, coconut cream, vanilla extract, and Beauty Collagen. Beat on high until smooth.
- Remove crust from refrigerator. Pour cheesecake filling into springform pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake for 55 minutes - 1 hour. Allow cheesecake to cool in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Once cheesecake is cool, spread dairy-free coconut whipped cream on top. Add berries and grated lemon zest to finish.