Does it seem like everyone you know is following the keto diet? It’s definitely having a moment and we’re on board! A really important part of being keto is healthy snacking. When you don’t have healthy options nearby, reaching for junk food can be easy. We love having these Cookie Dough Fat Bombs, made with Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla, on hand for when we need a quick bite!
If you aren’t familiar, the ketogenic diet is extremely low in carbohydrates, allows for moderate protein intake, and is comprised largely of dietary fat. Generally speaking, it’s a diet that’s made up of 5 to 10 percent carbs, no more than 20 percent protein, and 60 to 80 percent fat.
Advocates of the diet say that when the body is deprived of carbohydrates, it switches from glucose-burning mode to fat-burning mode, of which ketones — which are used for energy — are a product. As a result of having few carbohydrates to burn, the body burns through its fat stores, leading to fat loss.
What makes these Cookie Dough Fat Bombs a perfect keto-friendly option is the inclusion of healthy fats. Almonds and almond butter are low in carbohydrates and have a high fat content. We also added in coconut oil and coconut butter — both of which are a great source of fats.
Our favorite part of these Fat Bombs is the addition of Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla! Our Creamers are made with organic coconut milk powder, which contains Medium-Chain triglycerides (MCTs). Some studies suggest that MCTs can help to promote healthy energy levels and aid in fat-burning. Our Collagen Creamers don’t have any added sugars or sweeteners, and boast 10 g of collagen per serving.
These Fat Bombs are great to make in batches and keep in your freezer. They’re ideal when you want to grab something quick.
Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- 1 C almond butter (or whichever nut butter your like best)
- ½ C coconut oil
- ½ C coconut butter
- ½ c coconut flour
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 t sea salt
- ½ C chocolate chips
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- In a small pan over low – medium heat, melt almond butter, coconut butter and coconut oil. Stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla Collagen Creamer, coconut flour, vanilla and sea salt.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into bowl and let set in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer, roll to form into small balls. Place on a flat baking sheet or plate and put back into the freezer for another 15-30 minutes. Enjoy! *Store Fat Bombs in freezer in airtight container.*