#WellnessFromHome is here to help empower you to live a fuller, more vibrant life with exclusive workouts, recipes & more. Follow us @vitalproteins on Instagram to stay up-to-date!
If your immune system needs a boost, we have a solution for you. Enter: Kelly LeVeque’s (@bewellbykelly) smoothie recipe. The holistic nutritionist and health coach knows how to make a morning drink that maxes out on nutrients — and a delicious one at that! And today, she's here to share the recipe, as well as provide you with a list of vitamin C foods to nosh on in between sipping. These include:
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale, turnip greens
- Peppers: cayenne, chili
- Cruciferous: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage
- Citrus: lemon, orange, grapefruit
- Berries: raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
Ready to get blending? Scroll below for the collagen recipe!
Immune-boosting Smoothie Recipe
Yields 1 serving
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 1½ C unsweetened almond milk or water
- 2 T chia seeds
- ¼ avocado
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- ½ lemon
- ½ orange
- 1 t fresh grated ginger
1. Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!