When hunger strikes and you're not sure what to eat, our dear friend Kelsey (@littlebitsof_realfood) would suggest this recipe. Other than the fact that it includes nutritious Paleo & Whole30® approved ingredients, it's also delicious and the perfect any-time eat. Take it from the chef herself:
"This Bacon Kale Sweet Potato Toast is great for any time of day. This is my breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack ... Throw an egg on it for a breakfast or add some chicken for a full lunch or dinner! But having it exactly how it is might be the best way to do it. 3 p.m. slump? YOU NEED THIS! Reason to get out of bed in the morning? BACON. Okay well, there are more reasons but you get the picture."
Take a look below to learn how to make the entire yummy recipe for yourself!
Bacon Kale Sweet Potato Toast Recipe
Yields 1 serving
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 large handfuls of chopped kale
- ½ t garlic powder
- Sprinkle of sea salt
Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into ¼-inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is a little bit of browning on both sides.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook bacon in the pan. Once the bacon is crispy, remove and chop, then set aside.
- Then, place kale into the pan with the bacon grease and cook down just a bit to wilt, about 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Season with garlic powder and sea salt, then add bacon pieces back in.
- Scoop on top of sweet potato toast & enjoy!