Make This Festive Wassail with Collagen for the Holidays
Warm, sweet, and comforting, this Festive Wassail with Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin will fill you instantly with holiday cheer. Simmer fresh pressed apples, citrus, cranberries, spices, and vanilla bean for a robust drink that’s great for a bedtime treat or holiday party.This recipe can be easily doubled, tripled or more for a large group.
Festive Wassail with Collagen
Yields 4 servings of Festive Wassail
- 4 C fresh pressed apple juice, divided (from about 6 apples or 100% juice store-bought)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 C fresh cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- 1" knob of fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2-4 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat. Add 3½ cups of the apple juice, reserving ½ cup of juice for later.
- Cut both the orange and lemon in half, squeeze them into the pan, and throw the squeezed fruit in, as well.
- Add the fresh cranberries, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, fresh ginger, and vanilla bean.
- Stir gently and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on low heat for one hour.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain it (carefully) through a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour the wassail back into the warm pan.
- In a small bowl, add the Beef Gelatin to the reserved ½ cup of apple juice. Stir well.
- Add it to the hot wassail and stir to dissolve. Serve warm.