Warm, sweet, and comforting, this Festive Wassail with Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin will fill you instantly with holiday cheer. Simmer fresh pressed apples, citrus, cranberries, spices, and vanilla bean for a robust drink that’s great for a bedtime treat or holiday party.This recipe can be easily doubled, tripled or more for a large group.
Festive Wassail With Collagen
Yields 4 servings of Festive Wassail
- 4 C fresh pressed apple juice, divided (from about 6 apples or 100% juice store-bought)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 C fresh cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- 1" knob of fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2-4 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat. Add 3½ C of the apple juice, reserving ½ C of juice for later.
- Cut both the orange and lemon in half, squeeze them into the pan, and throw the squeezed fruit in, as well.
- Add the fresh cranberries, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, fresh ginger, and vanilla bean.
- Stir gently and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on low heat for one hour.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain it (carefully) through a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour the wassail back into the warm pan.
- In a small bowl, add the Beef Gelatin to the reserved ½ C of apple juice. Stir well.
- Add it to the hot wassail and stir to dissolve. Serve warm.