When it comes to sweet treats in the summer, nothing compares to a fruit-filled dessert like these Blueberry Bliss Donuts! This treat is deliciously sweet and gives you all the summer vibes in each berry-packed bite.
Some of the key ingredients include coconut oil for texture, honey for a bit of sweetness and Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla. Wondering what the secret ingredient is that makes these donuts extra-fruity? We thought you would never ask! We use both freeze-dried and regular blueberries to kick up the flavor.
As if these donuts couldn’t get any better, the blueberry glaze is made with only 4 ingredients, already included in the donuts! (We did say it was going to be simple, didn’t we?) Ready to get baking? Let's get started because you're bound to find this recipe a-glaze-ing!
Blueberry Collagen Donut Recipe
Yields 6 Donuts
1 T coconut oil
- 3 T honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t chia seeds
- 3 t freeze-dried blueberries (as powder)*
- ⅔ C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- ⅓ C blueberries
- 3 T honey
1 t freeze-dried blueberries + extra for decoration (as powder)*
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- 2 T hot water
*To turn freeze-dried blueberries into powder, pulse them in a food processor or simply place in a bag, and hit with the back of a hard surface (i.e. an ice cream scooper).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the eggs, coconut oil and honey in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients (excluding the blueberries) to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a greased donut pan.
- Bake the donuts for 15 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, begin to create the glaze by mixing the honey and hot water in a small bowl.
- Add the freeze-dried blueberry powder and Vanilla Collagen Creamer™ to the bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the donuts have cooled, dip each donut into the glaze and place aside.
- Top each donut with extra freeze-dried blueberry powder for decoration and enjoy!