We all need an energy boost to make it through a mid-afternoon slump during a particularly rough work week. While some may turn to their trusty, feel-good music playlist or spending a few minutes away from their desks, we believe a really delicious, nutritious snack is the answer. (When is it not?!) Our Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Energy Bites may be small, but they’re loaded with good-for-you ingredients that just so happen to taste real good. We’re talking chocolate chips, rolled oats, honey and coconut flakes.
The standout star in this energy bites recipe is none other than Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut. Two scoops helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails and joints, while also supplying users with an energy boost thanks to the MCTs found in the coconut milk powder.**
Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
Yields 16 energy bites
- 1 C rolled oats
- ½ C sunflower seed butter or nut butter
- ⅔ C unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- ½ C flaxseed meal
- ½ C mini chocolate chips
- ¼ C honey or maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Combine until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- After mix has chilled, use a cookie scoop to portion the bites evenly.
- Roll them between your palms to form a ball shape. Place on a lined sheet pan and into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Keep chilled until serving.