In the summer, having the perfect cool-me-down treat is key and these Chocolate Banana Pops are it! Mid-day snack? Covered. Post-beach day treat refresher? We got you. After-dinner dessert? This is it.
The Chocolate Banana Pops are super simple to make, requiring only four ingredients that are common kitchen staples. Grab those leftover bananas, your favorite chocolate, coconut oil, that Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides you’re already adding to your morning coffee ($27; shop now) and you’re set.
While bananas and chocolate are undoubtedly the base ingredients, the coconut oil adds a dash of healthy fats to the recipe, and of course you’ll be upping your daily intake of collagen peptides. Did we mention this recipe has it all? Let’s get started!
Chocolate Banana Pops
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 1–2 ripe bananas
- ½ C chocolate chips
- 3 T coconut oil
- sprinkles (optional)
- Slice a large banana in half, placing popsicle sticks or cake pop sticks halfway through one end of each. (If using smaller bananas, 3 pieces or 1 ½ bananas will be used).
- Place each piece on a flat tray lined with parchment paper and freeze overnight.
- Add the chocolate chips and 1T of coconut oil to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark.
- Separately, melt the remaining 2 T of coconut oil in a small dish for 15 seconds.
- Stir the Collagen Peptides into the chocolate gradually. After each scoop, stir in a T of coconut oil to create an easy-to-dip, smooth consistency.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer, dipping each into the chocolate mixture until well coated. (Lively Tip: We recommend coating each twice for the perfect chocolate shell).
- Immediately top with sprinkles as the chocolate creates a shell and enjoy!