As we approach the last few weeks of summer it is even more important to take advantage of the grill. And luckily, we have the perfect side dish to complement those summer days. This recipe for Cauliflower Kabobs is not only super easy to make, but each bite is so full of flavor – both sweet and savory – you’ll want to make it year-round. And since we believe wellness is vital, we decided to add a scoop of Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides ($25; shop now) to help boost your daily collagen intake with every serving.
For optimal flavor, we recommend letting the Cauliflower Kabobs marinate in the fridge for 24 hours before grilling. If you are someone who prefers spice, a hint of cayenne in the sauce will give you the heat you’re looking for. Want to add a dip? Pair these kabobs with soy sauce or spicy mayo.
Yields 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower (florets)
- ½ C tamari
- ¼ C maple syrup
- ¼ C avocado oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Green onion
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix in the tamara, maple syrup, avocado oil, garlic and collagen.
- Once the sauce is combined, add in the cauliflower florets, and mix until the sauce and florets are well-combined. Marinate for minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Add about 4-5 florets to each skewer and grill on a baking sheet on the barbecue for 10-15 minutes. Flip halfway through or until each side is grilled.
- Slowly remove from each skewer from the baking sheet. Once removed, top with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!