Collagen Recipe: A Creamy Bone Broth Sauce for Your Chicken Pasta
By: Kayleigh Lockhart
If there is one food you must familiarize yourself with that can be added to virtually any savory dish, it’s bone broth. Available in both chicken and beef, Vital Proteins Bone Broth Collagen helps to promote skin and joint. We decided to make the most of these amazing benefits by creating a deliciously hearty meal with the standout ingredient.
RELATED: Make This Healthy Southwest Bowl Recipe for Breakfast
This gluten- and dairy-free chicken pasta is the perfect dish to pair with this creamy bone broth sauce, made with our Bone Broth Collagen. And the best news is this bone broth sauce is so easy to make. Don’t believe us? Try out the recipe yourself.
Chicken & Broccoli Pasta with Bone Broth Sauce
Yields 3 servings of chicken pasta with bone broth sauce
- 9 oz. gluten-free noodles (I used Cappello’s almond flour fettuccine)
- 1 lb. pasture-raised chicken breast
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cut up 1 lb. chicken breast into small cubes and sauté in a pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Without cleaning or getting a new pan, add ½ cup of water to the pan and scrape any leftovers from the chicken. This will help infuse the flavor into the rest of the dish.
- Cut up the broccoli heads and add them to the pan in the water. Cook until bright green and soft.
- Remove the broccoli and set it aside.
- Add ¼ cup of water, ¾ cup of coconut cream, and 4 scoops of Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth into the same pan and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of almond flour to thicken the sauce or skip this step if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Add in the dried oregano, onion powder, and salt.
- Let the sauce simmer on low for about 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- In a medium to large saucepan, add a generous amount of water and place on the stove on medium to high heat and boil the water.
- Once boiling, add the pasta to the water and cook until al dente. Drain the water from the pasta once cooked.
- Add the pasta, chicken and broccoli to the pan with the sauce, and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.