Blueberry Scones That Pair Perfectly with Your Morning Coffee
Looking for a recipe to jumpstart your morning in the best way? Well, these collagen-filled Blueberry Scones are perfect complements to your coffee or tea!
The Instagram-worthy collagen recipe creates eight sweet, crumbly scones! All ingredients are dairy-free and as clean as could be. Some of the key ingredients you will find in this recipe are coconut yogurt for probiotics, coconut oil for healthy fats and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to help up your collagen intake. Another reason why I love adding collagen to my recipe? It’s flavorless, odorless and easily dissolves in hot and cold liquids.
Making this batch just for yourself? You’ll want to make room in the freezer because these Blueberry Scones are the perfect breakfast treat for days to come! Ready to taste something berry tasty? Whip a batch of these today.
Yields 8 Blueberry Scones
- 1½ C oat flour (+ 2 additional T for dusting)
- ½ C almond flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ C dairy-free coconut yogurt
- ¼ C coconut oil
- ¼ C monk fruit sweetener
- 2 t vanilla
- ¼ t salt
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ½ C blueberries
- 1 egg (optional for egg wash)
- 1 T powdered monk fruit sweetener (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the wet ingredients (besides the egg) in a bowl until well combined.
- Add all dry ingredients into the bowl (besides the blueberries) and mix until well combined.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Line a cookie-sheet with parchment paper and lightly toss 1 T of oat flour evenly onto the pan.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place in the center of the pan.
- Lightly dust the second tablespoon of oat flour on top of the dough.
- Using your hands, lightly press down and out, making a 1-2-inch thick circle.
Using a knife, slice the dough like a pizza, into 8 triangles.
- Using the knife, push the 8 triangles away from each other, leaving about 1-2 inches in between each piece for baking.
- Optional: Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and lightly wash each scone with a brush.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown on the outside.
- Let the scones cool for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Dust with powdered monk fruit sweetener.