Homemade almond milk is simple and delicious but often tastes a bit water-y compared to its store-bought counterparts. Get creamier almond milk by adding extra healthy fats and blending it with our Beef Gelatin. By adding this fan-favorite Vital Proteins product into the almond milk along with the fat, the mixture will stay emulsified when shaken, rather than the fats sitting on top of the liquid like it would without the proteins. Enjoy this creamy almond milk over granola or hot breakfast cereal, or warm it up with extra Beef Gelatin before bed for a great night’s sleep.
Creamy Almond Milk
Yields about 4 C of almond milk
- 1 C raw almonds, soaked 4+ hours
- 3 ½ C filtered water, room temperature
- 2 T virgin coconut oil
- 2 t vanilla extract
- ½ t sea salt
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Line a strainer with a tea towel or cheese cloth. Place the strainer in a large bowl.
- Place the soaked almonds and filtered water into a high powered blender. Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until the almonds are ground fine and the mixture is white.
- Pour the milk into the strainer and allow it to drip through to the bowl for about 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the last of the milk by gathering the edges of the tea towel and wringing the towel out in your hands, allowing the remaining milk to drip into the bowl.
- Set the resulting ground almonds aside to use as almond meal in other recipes.
- Pour ½ cup of the almond milk into a small saucepan. Pour the rest of the almond milk back into the blender.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt and Beef Gelatin into the saucepan. Heat over medium low heat and whisk until the proteins are dissolved.
- Add the mixture into the blender with the rest of the almond milk and blend on high to combine, about 30 seconds.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for up to a week. The milk will need to be gently shaken before each use.