Anyone who's ever worked out knows that feeling amazing and invincible usually comes after completing an intense exercise routine. But what about during said sweat session? Training can feel insurmountable and frustrating. We want to make that a lot more bearable for you – yes, it can be! – with these quick tips on tweaking your fitness game. You'll actually look forward to strength training days after reading up on our advice.
Vital Note: This article has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Your licensed healthcare professional can best provide you with the diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition and assist you as well in deciding whether a dietary supplement will be a helpful addition to your regimen.
Feel Your Best During Your Workouts
- Fuel up the right way before you workout. Typically, you can't go wrong with oatmeal or a banana and nut butter a few hours before your sweat session. Strength training may require a bit more protein and endurance exercise may call for more carbs. Remember, proper fuel takes some trial and error, and changes depending on activity.
- Properly hydrate before, during and after your workouts. Studies show athletic performance declines with just a 2 to 3 percent decrease in body weight from water lost through sweat, so being properly hydrated before, during and after every workout is essential for athletes.
- Invest in cute workout gear — that fits. You'll feel more up to hitting the gym if you're wearing something you feel great in. Check out brands like Athleta and Outdoor Voices for functional and fashionable workouts clothes that come in a wide variety of sizes. And, you should check the fit of your sports bra to ensure proper support.
- If a little glam boosts your confidence, there's nothing wrong with that. We do suggest giving sweat-proof makeup a try, courtesy of Sweat Cosmetics’ Foundation Twist-Brush, which not only contains SPF 30 (sun protection, yes please!) but also stays on during the craziest workouts.
- After squeezing in a workout, have a snack, like the Vital Performance™ Protein Bar waiting in your gym bag to help boost your post-workout routine.