If you’ve been searching for a heart-pumping workout that won’t cut into your free time, you’ve come to the right place.
You only need 30 minutes to complete this total-body circuit, which was created by fitness trainer and Amp Up Fitness founder Haley Shaw. This exercise routine may seem short – compared to traditional hour-long workouts, at least – but Shaw stresses that each move will still be challenging.
“Do not let the time fool you,” she tells Lively, noting the importance of staying hydrated during any physical activity. “Hydrate and fuel up before, during and after your workout to prevent dehydration.”
As someone who is constantly on the go, Shaw is a big fan of carrying Vital Proteins Collagen Water™ to the gym.
“Take a few sips before you start this workout, and sip after each circuit you complete, if you choose, until your timer is complete,” she shares. “I promise you will feel empowered, and ready to conquer this workout and other activities throughout your day!”
Try this 30-minute workout on your phone during your next sweat session at the gym, at home or outdoors.
30-Minute AMRAP Total Body Circuit
AMRAP= As Many Rounds As Possible
Set your timer for 30 minutes. Complete as many rounds as possible in 30 minutes. Rest and recover as needed.
The Exercise Moves
- 20 Squats (add weight to increase intensity)
- 10 Dumbbell Sit-Ups (beginners= hold dumbbell by chest, Advanced= hold dumbbell with straight arms overhead)
- 20 Dumbbell Push-Press
- 10 Burpees (advanced perform push-up)
- 20 V-Ups
- 10 Pull-Ups (use Resistance band for assistance)
- 20 Jumping Lunges (each leg) **beginners: complete alternating lunges
- 10 Clapping Push-Ups (go onto knees if have too)
- 20 Triceps Dips
- 10 Dumbbell Renegade Rows (go onto knees if have too)