Pretty Delicious: A Collagen Infused Strawberry Pancake Recipe
By: Grace Gavilanes
You can never go wrong with a few pancake stacks for breakfast! And that’s exactly why we’re bringing you this Strawberry Pancake recipe. Not only is it berry delicious thanks to the fresh strawberry sauce that tops off this tiered creation, but it’s also good for you. This Strawberry Pancake recipe calls for two scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. The standout ingredient is the most versatile product in our lineup since it’s flavorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids and foods. On top of that, our hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides help to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints.
RELATED: Treat Yourself to These Collagen Gummies
Strawberry Pancake Recipe
Yields 6 strawberry pancakes
- 3 eggs
- ½ C light coconut milk
1 C applesauce (look for no sugar added)
- 3 T softened butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 6 T coconut flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t sea salt
- 4 C strawberries, chopped
- 2 T lemon juice
- 3 T water
- 2 T raw honey or maple syrup
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, applesauce, butter, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract to a large blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, Collagen Peptides, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt to the blender. Blend again to incorporate. Stop to scrape down the sides and allow the coconut flour to be fully absorbed. Blend again on high until you have a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium to medium-low heat (the pan used may cause this to vary slightly). Grease lightly with additional butter and drop the batter into pancake shapes, 4-6″ in size. Spread the batter out slightly and allow the pancakes to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges begin to brown. Flip and cook until browned on the other side.
- Remove to a cooling rack for 3-5 minutes before serving. Repeat with the remaining batter.
For the strawberry topping:
- Add 2 cups chopped strawberries, lemon juice, water and honey to a medium sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to medium heat for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When strawberries have cooked down into sauce, remove from heat. Stir in remaining 2 cups of strawberries and allow mixture to cool.
- Serve over pancakes and enjoy!