This St. Patrick's Day-themed popcorn is a delicious treat for a lucky occasion. Popcorn mixtures are a tasty treat to snack on, and this salty-sweet combo makes the mix irresistible.
The combination of popcorn, pretzels, cashews and chocolate creates a mouthwatering mix with a touch of green, perfect for your St. Paddy's celebration. You'll create the glaze with Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides ($25; shop now on vitalproteins.com), melted butter, honey and a sprinkle of sea salt —which adds incredible flavor to the festive (and simple!) snack. What makes this collagen supplement such a standout? In addition to being unflavored and odorless, our Collagen Peptides can easily be added to your favorite beverage or recipe for a boost to your daily collagen intake.
Ready to get festive? Add a little luck of the Irish to your snack with this collagen recipe.
St. Patrick's Day Popcorn
Yields 4–5 servings
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 2 T water (boiled)
- 1/2 C butter (melted)
- 2 T honey (melted)
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 C popcorn kernels (air popped)
- 2 C pretzels
- 1 C cashews
- 1/2 C green colored chocolate
- 1/4 C dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the boiled water and collagen powder until dissolved.
- Melt butter and honey in a saucepan or in a small bowl in microwave until evenly combined, then mix in the sea salt
- Air pop the kernels.
- Add the popcorn to a large bowl and mix in the cashews and pretzels.
- Drizzle butter and honey sauce over the mixture and mix together until evenly combined.
- Add the popcorn mixture to a roasting pan and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove the popcorn mixture from the oven and let cool.
- Once the popcorn mixture cools, add in the green chocolate, dark chocolate chunks and top with more sea salt if desired. Enjoy!