Coffee and tea lovers, your favorite beverage is about to get a whole lot more delicious, thanks to this better-for-you add-on. This Mocha Fat Bomb recipe, ideal for anyone following the keto diet (a low-carb, high-fat eating plan), is packed with healthy fats from the coconut oil, coconut cream and Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer®.
These Mocha Fat Bombs not only help to deliver a creamier texture to your hot drink, but it also provides users with a healthy source of protein and fats to help stay fueled throughout the day. More specifically, our Mocha Collagen Creamer™ supplement is loaded with energy-boosting MCTs, which are found in the coconut milk powder. And we haven’t even mentioned the additional health benefits: Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® – which is free of gluten, dairy, and added sweeteners – helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails and joints.**
If you find yourself constantly on the go, these all-in-one Mocha Fat Bombs will make life easier by saving you time from separately mixing in each ingredient. Just add one fat bomb into your travel cup and let it melt with the heat of your hot tea or coffee. If you have extra time, do a quick blend with a hand-held frother or blender for a thicker consistency.
Mocha Fat Bombs
Yields about 12-16 Mocha Fat Bombs
- 2-3 scoops Vitals Proteins Mocha Collagen Creamer
- 1 C coconut oil
- 2 T coconut cream
- 1/4 t true cinnamon, optional
- 1 T of honey or 1-2 drops of liquid stevia (or the sweetener of your choice)
- 1 chocolate silicone mold
- Melt your coconut oil and coconut creamer in a microwave-safe bowl for approximately 35 seconds or until fully melted.
- Once warm, combine remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into the candy molds and refrigerate until firm for about 45-60 minutes. Once hardened, carefully remove the fat bombs from the mold and add to your hot cup of tea or coffee. Give it a quick stir or let it melt with the heat and enjoy!
- Store in glass container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Note: If you want to get your coffee or tea extra frothy I highly suggest blending both the liquid and fat bomb either in a high-speed blender or using a hand-held frother.