Have you tried our Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha yet? Not only is it packed with energy-enhancing MCTs (thanks to the organic coconut milk powder) but it also helps to promote major benefits, like stronger hair, skin, nails and joints.** It gets the job done in terms of upgrading your morning coffee and your health. Win-win!
While we’re admittedly big fans of mocha flavor, we’re even bigger fans of mocha when it’s paired with mint. Turns out these two flavors were destined to be together – more specifically, in the form of a Mini Mocha Mint Tart. The hint of peppermint in this sweet treat instantly awakens the senses and provides a fresh boost in all that dare in taking just one bite.
Our Mini Mocha Mint Tarts are creamy and require zero baking time. Another added bonus: they’re super easy to make too! These tarts can be prepared as the perfect bite-sized dessert or, if you’re feeling more sophisticated, mini tart molds can be used, which is what we did here. We know sharing will be hard when it comes to these desserts but always remember: sharing is caring. As far as Santa and his “nice” list are concerned anyway.
Are you ready to dig in?
Mini Mocha Mint Tarts
Yields 4 if using 4-inch mini tart molds (or 12 if using a muffin tin)
- 1 1/2 C raw almonds
- 1 C packed medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 T raw cacao powder
- 2 T coconut oil (melted)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha
- 1 1/2 C cashews (soaked overnight in filtered water or for 1 hour in very hot water)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 C coconut milk, canned (use full fat for creamier texture)
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1/2 C maple syrup or honey
- 4-5 drops of peppermint oil (oil lends a much more natural flavor than extract)
- 1/3 C cacao butter (melted over double boiler or in microwaved slowly)
- 1/4 t Himalayan pink salt
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha
- 3 T raw cacao powder
- Place cashews in small mixing bowl and cover with water (either overnight or very hot water for 1 hour).
- Blend almonds in food processor until a fine meal is formed. Add the medjool dates and process until dates and almonds form a loose dough.
- Next add cacao powder, melted coconut oil, and mocha creamer until well combined. Will be a semi-sticky dough at this point.
- If not using mini tart pans with easy release bottoms, prepare muffin tin with parchment strips to create an “X” shape at the base for easier release once tarts have set.
- Divide the crust amongst the molds or muffin tin and press down with fingers or a spoon to allow for the crust to come up the sides evenly. Place in refrigerator to set.
- Add the cashews, vanilla, coconut milk, avocado oil, maple syrup, peppermint oil, melted cacao butter, pink salt, mocha collagen creamer, and cacao powder to high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, may take up to 3 minutes.
- Distribute the filling amongst the tarts. Smooth with a spatula.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. To remove mini tarts from tin, slide a butter knife along the edge, to allow for easier release, and then pull up on the tabs.
- To serve, garnish with coconut whipped cream, fresh mint, pomegranate seeds and crushed candy cane.
- Will stay in the fridge for 2-3 days and the freezer for up to 3 weeks.