How to Make Baked Gluten-Free Meatballs
We’ve got another great recipe to balance out the amino acid profile of your protein with these Easy Baked Meatballs. Our Beef Gelatin binds the meatballs together and offsets the need for any gluten-filled, starchy binders. The Beef Gelatin also helps to promote stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints. You know, in case you were looking for another reason to try out Vital Proteins fan-favorite product.
RELATED: This Dairy-Free Banana Pudding Parfait Is the Dessert of Our Dreams
Just mix up the ingredients, pop them in your oven, and you’ll have a healthy dinner on the table in no time.
Easy Baked Meatballs
Yields about 12 large meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 T tomato paste
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 T Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 T onion flakes (or 1 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 t sea salt
- ½ t black pepper
- A neutral-flavor high-heat cooking oil, for greasing
- Zucchini noodles (or pasta) and your favorite marinara, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using a fork or clean hands, stir together all the ingredients aside from the cooking oil, zucchini noodles, and marinara.
- Mix them together well and then let the meat rest for about 3-5 minutes to absorb the gelatin.
- Form meatballs in about 2″ diameter and lay them out on a lined sheet pan. Spray the meatballs with a neutral-flavor high-heat cooking oil (using a Misto or similar atomizer) or grease each meatball by hand.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the meatballs begin to turn golden brown and are cooked throughout.
- Serve with your favorite noodle and marinara sauce.