Can’t make up your mind around snack time? We’ve got you covered with these Sweet & Salty Brownie Bites for the best of both worlds. Each truffle provides you with a decadent chocolate-brownie flavor, while the sea salt pretzel topping gives the perfect crunch.
While these no-bake bites taste incredible, the simplicity of this collagen recipe is just as good. Before you head to the grocery store, check out your pantry! The needed ingredients are so common, it’s likely you already have them at home. Curious what these magic pantry staples are? This recipe calls for dates for all-natural sweetness, cashews for healthy fats, as well as cocoa and Vital Proteins® Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte supplement for richness and a boost to your daily collagen intake.
Ready to whip up a treat your friends and family will love this holiday season? Keep reading for the 6-step process.
Sweet & Salty Brownie Bites
Yields 12 Brownie Bites
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 C cashews
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte
- 4 t cocoa powder
- ¼ C chocolate chips
- ⅔ C chocolate chips
- 2 t coconut oil
- 12 pretzels
- Sea salt
- Cut the dates into fourths and soak in a bowl of hot water with the cashews for 10 minutes. The water should cover the ingredients.
- Drain the water and pour the dates and cashews into a food processor or blender. Blend the dates and cashews together for about 30 seconds. The mixture should look finely ground.
- Add the cocoa and collagen to the food processor and blend for a few seconds until well combined. Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Once integrated, roll the batter into 12 spheres, pressing down slightly on each side to create a flat surface for the pretzel. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight on parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth. If using a microwave, heat in 20-second increments for about 60 seconds, stirring to avoid burning. Coat each bite in chocolate and place back on parchment paper.
- Top with a pretzel and sea salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour and enjoy!