Ready for a recipe so good, you won’t want to share? Well lucky for you, with these Mini Apple Pies, you won't have to! This recipe yields 6 personal pies, meaning there's one for you and one for everyone else in the kitchen. Better yet, it's very simple to whip up and will have all your guests ooh-ing and aah-ing at the beautiful presentation!
Besides the gorgeous display and delicious flavor, each mini pie is filled with better-for-you ingredients that'll keep you and your friends coming back for more. Some of these include almond flour for fiber, apples for all-natural sweetness and of course, our Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides to boost your collagen intake. Ready to get baking? Let's get started.
Mini Apple Pies
Yields 6 pies
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T room temperature dairy-free or regular butter
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/2 C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 C monk fruit sweetener
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 3 small apples
- 6 T honey
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 T monk fruit sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the egg, vanilla and butter for the crust in a bowl until well combined.
- Add all dry ingredients into the bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Separate the dough into 6 equally sized pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and place one in the center of each mini tart/pie mold.
- Press the dough outward from the center, lining the full mold for each pie. (Tip: Aim to have the dough approximately ¼-inch thick all around.)
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, begin to prepare the filling.
- Wash and slice the apples in any way you choose. For a flower-like design, slice the apple in half vertically and lay the now flat side on a cutting board. Create thin slices on each half vertically. Once complete, cut the slices in half horizontally.
- Mix the apple pieces with the honey and cinnamon.
- Once the crust is cool, fill each crust with the apple-cinnamon filling. For a flower-like design, lay each piece of apple down one-by-one, slightly layering on top of each other in a spiral-like form.
- Sprinkle the remaining monk fruit sweetener on top of each pie.
- Bake the mini pies for 15 minutes and let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.