It's summer (!), which means grilling standout recipes like these collagen-loaded BBQ Chicken Wings is officially happening on the regular.
My take on this classic recipe features pineapple and garlic marinade while keeping a smoky flavor at the forefront, courtesy of coconut aminos. My favorite part is topping the wings with additional pineapple adding them to the grill.
Barbecued pineapple is delicious and pairs perfectly with the BBQ Chicken Wings and cilantro. I used a simple coating which consists of coconut oil, salt, pepper, onion powder and two scoops of Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen. This gives the wings that sought-after crispiness.
Keep reading for the full collagen recipe! Whip up a batch to complete your summer-perfect spread.
BBQ Chicken Wings
Yields 6-7 servings
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- 1/2 C coconut oil (melted)
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 T black pepper
- 1 t onion powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
Ingredients For Sauce:
- 1 C coconut aminos
- 1/2 C pineapple juice
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 T ginger (minced)
- 1-2 T cilantro (minced)
- Begin by lining a BBQ baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Next, add the chicken wings to a bowl and add the coconut oil, sea salt, pepper, onion powder and Chicken Bone Broth Collagen. Mix together until combined.
- For the sauce, add the pineapple in a blender with a little bit of water to create pineapple juice. Then, add the pineapple juice to a bowl and mix in the coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic cloves and ginger together.
- Add the sauce to the chicken wings and mix together. Let the chicken wings marinate in the fridge for up to an hour or longer for more flavor.
- Once the chicken wings are marinated, add to the baking sheet and top with extra pineapple. Add to the grill for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken wings from the grill and top with cilantro or additional pineapple. Enjoy!