Calling all athletes! If you aren't already familiar with our Vital Performance line, a variety of premium, collagen-based products that help you prepare, refuel and restore** to conquer larger-than-life goals, then we're here to get you in the know! At Vital Proteins, we believe every challenge is surmountable, which is why we're so excited about these uniquely tailored products that help you achieve everything you're going for — before, during and after each workout. While each product in our 3-phase line contains a combination of collagen and functional ingredients that are free from added sugars, gluten and dairy and artificial flavors, the line also includes an NSF Certified For Sport designation that makes them a performance game changer®.
Below, we highlight what NSF Certified for Sport means — and how it impacts your fitness routine — in an effort to help you go higher and reach further in your journey. Scroll on to get the scoop.
Vital Performance™: An Overview
Our Vital Performance™ line includes 3 NSF Certified for Sport products: PRE, RECOVER and SLEEP.
- Vital Performance™ PRE is a powdered pre-workout supplement that uniquely combines 5g of collagen peptides with 5g BCAAs and other functional ingredients to elevate your workout routine.
- Vital Performance™ RECOVER comes as a powdered post-workout supplement and beverage that provides a unique combination of collagen and a full-spectrum amino acid profile designed to promote athletic longevity** and keep you in the game.
- Vital Performance™ SLEEP is a powdered supplement that specially combines collagen with functional ingredients, like L-theanine, GABA and magnesium, which are designed to promote a restful night’s sleep** so you wake up restored to conquer your next training.
Why Choose NSF Certified For Sport?
All of the items in our Vital Performance line are NSF Certified for Sport. At a high level, this reputable third-party organization ensures products don’t contain banned substances, has contents that actually reflect what’s printed on the label and that there are no unsafe levels of contaminants.
NSF International explains this further in their own words:
What Does It Mean To Be NSF Certified For Sport®?
So we understand why this mark is so noteworthy, but what goes into the designation behind the label? NSF International explains the numerous components that go into it. These include:
- "Annual audits of the manufacturing facility
- Toxicological review of ingredients and verification that the product meets the claims and contents shown on the label
- Testing for harmful levels of contaminants, such as heavy metals, pesticides and more
- Screening for more than 272 athletic banned substances"
NSF International, “Certified for Sport Co-Marketing Guide” (p. 12-14).
How Does This Impact Vital Performance As a Whole?
Vital Proteins is proud to offer options for those seeking clean, functional nutrition to help promote their athletic longevity.** Along with this comes a checklist of standards that need to be met, NSF Certified for Sport being one of these:
- Use Premium Ingredients. Quality ingredients, free of artificial flavors, sweeteners and dyes and top-notch sourcing go into each and every canister. Additionally, these are safe and well-researched to meet consumer expectations.
- Commitment To Transparency. We select only the best-in-class suppliers that are committed to transparency so users can feel good about what's in their scoop.
- Ensure Top Certifications. As outlined above, certifications are key for customers striving to elevate their athletic journeys. Therefore, our entire Vital Performance™ line is NSF Certified for Sport and Informed Choice Certified*. (*As of June 2020)