This Simple Pumpkin Soup Recipe Will Warm You Up All Winter Long
Chilly weather calls for homemade soup. And there’s nothing that warms the soul more than this soul-satisfying pumpkin option. Made with seasonal veggies (re: butternut squash and pumpkin), aromatic herbs and creamy coconut milk, it delivers warmth and delight in every spoonful — which we love!
Better yet, this meal includes Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen which helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints while also providing the benefits associated with bone broth.** It doesn’t get much better than that, right? (Oh, besides the next day leftovers of course!) Scroll below to get the info you need to add this yummy cold-weather soup to your list.
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 lb. pumpkin pie pumpkin, cut into chunks (or 1 15 oz can of pumpkin)
- 2 C water
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ C coconut milk or half & half (optional)
- Sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
- 5 scoops Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- Heat a large saucepan, or dutch oven, over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic with a few tablespoons avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil).
- Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut it in two pieces where the bulb begins. Cut the bulb section in half and scrape the seeds out. Cut all the squash into rough 1″ cubes.
- Add the squash and pumpkin to the pan and cook until warmed through, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the water, Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen, sage and ginger and stir well. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes, or until the butternut squash is completely cooked and fall apart when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and add in ground cinnamon and coconut milk.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it’s smooth. (Alternatively, scoop the soup in batches into a large blender — but use caution with blending the very hot liquid.)
- Portion into bowls, season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
Shop Chicken Bone Broth Collagen