The holidays are in full swing, making it a great opportunity to add this homemade Trail Mix to your baking bucket list this season. This recipe is equal parts cozy and sweet as it combines festive ingredients like maple syrup, walnuts, cinnamon and Vital Proteins® Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte™ ($45; shop now on vitalproteins.com) supplement.
Enjoy this Trail Mix alone or serve it with a warm mug of hot chocolate or tea!
Holiday Trail Mix
- 2 C almonds
- 1 C cashews
- 1 C walnuts
- ½ C pumpkin seeds
- ½ C sunflower seeds
- ½ C dried cranberries
- ½ C mini marshmallows
- ½ C chocolate chunks
- ¼ C coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins® Hot Cocoa Collagen Latte™ supplement
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cinnamon and collagen into a bowl and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, cashews, walnuts and sunflower seeds. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Bake the trail mix mixture in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 40-60 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add to a large bowl with dried cranberries, marshmallows and chocolate chunks. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Store the trail mix in an airtight container & enjoy!