If you're craving a pick-me-up or just need a sweet snack to get you through the day, look no further than these Cocoa Cold Brew Energy Bites, a decadent snack that’s equal parts chocolate and coffee.
Curious how we pack so much into every bite? Let’s talk about the ingredients! We used almond butter as the snack’s base for healthy fats. We then added cocoa and instant coffee for flavor and Vital Performance™ Cold Brew Coffee Protein ($29.99; shop now on vitalproteins.com) to not only complement the coffee flavor, but also to up your daily collagen and protein intake. Chocolate chips top off each bite-sized treat to satisfy any sweet tooth, as well as optional sea salt to balance things out.
Start to finish, these no-bake Cocoa Cold Brew Energy Bites take 15 minutes to make. All you need to create these masterpieces are two hands and one bowl. Pop them in the refrigerator when you’re done, and you have a nice, cool treat whenever you’re in a time crunch.
Cold Brew Energy Bites
Yields 24 Energy Bites
- 1 C almond butter
- 4 scoops Vital Performance™ Cold Brew Coffee Protein
- 2 t instant coffee
- ½ C cocoa powder
- ½ C coconut sugar
- 4 T chocolate chips
- 2 T honey
- Dash of sea salt (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Mix the ingredients with a fork until well combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Using your hands, roll a heaping teaspoon of the batter into a ball and place on parchment paper or mini cupcake liner.
- Top with extra cocoa powder and/or sea salt before enjoying!