These Chicken Burgers are a must-make weeknight meal when you want to whip up an out-of-this-world amazing dinner but don’t have a lot of time. (Seriously, the prep work is virtually non-existent!) These burgers call for ground chicken instead of beef and have such a unique flavor due to all the fresh herbs and vegetables. Burger patties – whether made from beef, pork, lamb, chicken or even beans – are great for adding hidden veggies, but you can doctor them up with delicious spices and herbs to make them taste amazing, too. Sounds like a win-win to me!
Using a combination of dill, oregano, red onion, cilantro, rosemary and garlic powder, these Chicken Burgers boast a flavor profile that will have you coming back for seconds. And because we’re (obviously) big collagen fans at Vital Proteins®, I added 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen. Ready to give it a try? Keep scrolling for the full collagen recipe.
Yields 6-10 burgers
- 2 lb. ground chicken
- 1 C shredded zucchini
- 1/2 C red onion
- 1 red pepper
- ¼ C chopped arugula
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 T cilantro (chopped)
- 2 t dried dill
- 2 t garlic powder
- 2 t fresh oregano
- 2 t fresh rosemary
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- Coconut or avocado oil for cooking
- Mix the ground chicken with the seasonings, shredded zucchini, chopped red onion and red pepper, arugula, coconut flour, lemon juice and Bone Broth Collagen until well combined.
- Form the chicken into burger patties, evenly portioned, depending on the desired size.
- Heat a cast-iron pan with a decent amount of coconut oil or avocado oil to coat the bottom and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with fresh cucumbers, sauerkraut, Tzatziki sauce or other desired toppings, or even use it with hamburger buns or pair the burger patties with a salad. Enjoy!