When I think of making a quick and simple dinner, especially around holiday season, my go-to recipe is a casserole. There is nothing better than throwing some of your favorite ingredients together in a dish and placing it in the oven.
This baked cauliflower casserole is loaded with cauliflower, zucchini, onions, broccoli, chicken, bacon and a delicious creamy cashew blend. This baked casserole is delicious and flavorful with every single bite, and made with Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now). It is a creative way to pair the rest of the holiday foods you already love with a baked vegetable dish.
Aside from the simplicity and deliciousness of this recipe, this baked casserole is a dish packed with veggies. This loaded baked cauliflower casserole will be a hit at your next family dinner or holiday event!
- 1 head cauliflower (florets)
- 1 C white onion (diced)
- 2 C zucchini (chopped into quarters)
- 1 head broccoli (florets)
- 1 C bacon (cooked, chopped)
- 1 chicken breast (cooked, chopped)
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 C cashews (soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes) 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 T turmeric powder
- 1/2 C almond milk
- 1/2 C chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- Salt and pepper to taste
Topping Ingredients (optional):
- 1/4 C green onion
- 1 C cheese (grated)
- Set oven to 400 degrees and prep an 8X8 baking dish.
- Boil water and soak the cashews for 15–20 minutes (or until soft). Drain the cashews and set aside for the sauce.
- Chop the bacon and chicken and brown on the stove until halfway cooked.
- While the bacon and chicken are cooking, chop vegetables up and place into large bowl. Mix together with olive oil and set aside.
- Next, add all of the sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Add the cooked bacon, chicken and creamy sauce to the large bowl with the chopped vegetables and mix together until well combined.
- Add the mixture to the baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 40-60 minutes. Mix everything halfway to make sure everything is soft and cooked.
- During the last 5 minutes, add the grated cheese and place back in the oven with the aluminum foil off.
- Remove from oven, add green onion and enjoy!