A Healthy Harvest Salad Recipe Perfect for the Season
Need to freshen up your salad routine? Consider this crunchy autumn option that’s craving to be added into rotation.
It all starts with a bed of nutrient-rich kale, piled high with filling-ingredients like chicken, butternut squash and pear. Next, you’ll drizzle the salad in a tangy dressing made with olive oil, zesty apple cider vinegar and maple syrup. Then, for an added boost, the dressing includes Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
If this all sounds good to you, grab your meal prep containers and scroll below to get the details on the recipe you’ll want to nosh on all week long.
Yields 4 servings
- 6-8 C chopped kale
- 2 grilled chicken breast, cubed
- 1 delicata squash de-seeded and cut into half-moons
- 2 pears cored and sliced
- 4 oz soft goat cheese crumbled (optional)
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T pepitas or roasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 tchili powder
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T pure maple syrup
2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 garlic clove pressed or finely minced
1/4 tchili powder
- 1/4 t smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss delicata squash in 2 T olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder, arrange in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until golden and tender. Set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large bowl, add kale, delicata squash and goat cheese. Pour dressing over and toss to fully coat everything in the dressing.