Treat yourself to a home spa day with these DIY bath bombs
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and at Vital Proteins, we believe it is more than just a day to celebrate the love we have for one another, but a day to celebrate some self-love, too! Tell your body how much you love it by treating it to a warm, luxurious bath with one of our diy bath bombs!
These cute little heart-shaped bath bombs are homemade from all-natural ingredients, including our Beef Gelatin. They’re a fun, fizzy way to jazz up your bath and rejuvenate your body.
How it works:
- Coconut oil increases hydration and locks in moisture on the skin.
- Lavendar essential oil can help you relax and destress from the day.
- Beef Gelatin works as a binding agent in the mixture, so the bombs stay intact but dissolve in warm water.
Oh and did we mention they’re SO fun to make?
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 tsp beet juice (for the pretty pink color!)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 5-6 drops of therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
- Heart-shaped silicone mold
- Wearing gloves, combine all the dry ingredients (citric acid, baking soda, and Beef Gelatin) in a bowl, and mix well.
- Using your hands, mix in the essential oil to the dry mixture. Once combined, set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave in 10 second increments until thoroughly melted.
- Slowly pour the melted coconut oil into the mixture and combine until all ingredients have mixed together and it feels like damp sand.
- Firmly press the mixture into the molds so the bath bombs are dense and do not crumble when removed.
- Let dry overnight. Gently removed the molds by flipping them upside down and pressing them out.
- Drop one bath bomb in your bath or shower